[Marxism] Breaking-Light-Speed l?

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sat Sep 24 09:37:52 MDT 2011

On 9/24/11 10:35 AM, Tom Cod wrote:
> OK, I'll see if there's some in English translation.  Back in 1966
> when I was in 8th grade, my science teacher threatened to kick me out
> of class for questioning these theories which obviously he didn't
> understand either.

seriously, there really are some good cartoon books out there even in
English that will help you wrap your head around the science. for
gravitational theory and spacetime, the cartoons really help. write me
offlist and i can give you some good cartoon books.

you were mentioning the Ask Dr Science shows of old. this conversation
reminded me of stories i heard about my grandfather, who used to go to
Party meetings to study arithmetic and algebra. most of his comrades had
no schooling as far as i recall, and they took their extracurricular
studies quite seriously, so i am told.

the problem is, sometimes i think Grandpa may have had more free time
than we do.

Les