[Marxism] Did World War Two end the Great Depression?

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sat Sep 24 21:03:59 MDT 2011

On 9/24/2011 8:10 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:

> Comment on my article from Manuel Garcia Jr.:
> War keynesianism had a Film Noir Period postwar recess, with a
> recession during 1946-1949 during the short period of WW2
> demobilization, prior to its reactivation for the Korean War, and
> continuing thereafter.

just saw for the first time an amazing film noir from 1947: Out of the
Past. as i was watching it, i couldnt help but wonder if it was written
by a blacklisted author, as i couldnt connect the dark mood with what i
had imagined the post war euphoria must have been like.

turns out the film was scripted by the blacklisted author Daniel
Mainwaring. the best noir i've ever seen, though i don't really care for
the femme fatale shtick. however, i cant find anything on the web about
Mainwaring and why he was blacklisted in the first place.

Les