[Marxism] Eustonites and Anti-Germans Smear Gilbert Achcar

Paul Flewers trusscott.foundation at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 14:16:11 MDT 2011

Angelus Novus wrote: 'The Engage people accused me of ad hominem
attack merely for pointing out what kind of unsavory character this
guy is, which makes me think it is less an honest attempt to deal with
anti-Semitism than it is yet another attempt to instrumentalize the
issue of anti-Semitism in order to police the bounds of discourse on
the left concerning the topic of Israel.'

Exactly: Engage is a 'Decent' project that exists solely to discredit
anyone who goes beyond the most gentlest of criticisms of Israel and
Zionism. Its main role over the last few years has been to oppose any
attempts to boycott Israeli institutions, particularly in universities
and colleges.

Paul F