[Marxism] Tadeusz Kowalik, R.I.P.

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Thu Aug 2 13:07:24 MDT 2012

I had the pleasure of two years of correspondence with Tadeusz Kowalik, concerning the publication of his exceptional book, From Solidarity to Sellout: The Restoration of Capitalism in Poland. He was always kind, gracious, and cooperative. I edited the book, and we had a few disagreements. But he argued as a comrade should, in a comradely way. He knew both Kalecki and Lange and edited the works of both. He was the best and most important contemporary Polish economist and a man of very high caliber and principals. He is a person I wanted to meet. Rest in Peace, Tadeusz.  ps He has no kind words for Jeffrey Sachs in his book.