[Marxism] PL: U.S. Collaboration With Syrian Terrorist Groups Confirmed

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 3 12:29:26 MDT 2012

On 8/3/12 12:33 PM, stansfield smith wrote:

> U.S. Collaboration With Syrian Terrorist Groups Confirmed
>
> Washington, Aug 2 (Prensa Latina) United States have helped for
> months opposition armed groups in Syria after President Barack Obama
> signed an executive secret order with that end.

Of course Cuba would take this tack, given its orientation to the
Non-Aligned Movement. If the USA is hostile to the Baathists and to the
Cuban CP, they will tend to protect each other.

Cuba's foreign policy, however, should not be a model for the left. In
1968 when Mexican students were being massacred by the army and police,
Fidel Castro did not make a single speech denouncing the PRI. In that
very same year, when Franco was killing and torturing CP'ers and Basque
nationalists in Spain, Cuba did not protest--not even once. That was
because fascist Spain defied the trade embargo, just like Mexico.

I can understand why a country under siege would make such a mistake but
sycophants like Stansfield Smith have no excuse.