[Marxism] Religious Sectarianism and Killings in Syria and Turkey

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 17:30:30 MDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Angelus Novus
<fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com>wrote:

You're a dude writing on an email list.  The same thing with Shane.
> Talking about "support" or "fear" is just meaningless bluster.  You are not
> a member of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade circa 1937, so tone down the cheesy
> Hollywood movie rhetoric.

I couldn't possibly agree more. Most of the "support" talk emanating from
leftists is Tinkerbell politics at its most transparent. If anyone in Syria
cares why you're clapping your hands, I haven't gotten the memo. This kind
of grandiloquent bluster about precisely nothing seems, for some reason,
uniquely endemic to Western leftists; perhaps they harbor subconscious
pretensions about the actual impact of their opinions?

Anyway, as a matter of trivia, if nothing else, thanks to the Angry Arab
for pointing out that the Times article that started this exchange
confuses Alevis for Alawites:

http://angryarab.blogspot.co.il/2012/08/the-new-york-times-confuses-alawites.html

--
lytlað."