[Marxism] Religious Sectarianism and Killings in Syria and Turkey

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:08:25 MDT 2012

"Thanks for creating an occasion for me to share what would hardly seem appropriate on Loius's well maintained list of stimulatingly eclectic marxians."

Well, dear Peggy, I am sufficiently disarmed :).

I am 60 (going on 61), a lover of poetry--of any stripe--and, while I disdain the historical defeat that stalinism wrought and resulted in the eventual balkanization of the, well, the Balkans, I lay the fault at capitalism's feet for continuing to exist and the inability of the working class sufficiently to bring it down in time to have taken the soviet revolution to the world stage and the liberation of workers of all nations.

I bow to your wisdom in breaking the thread of this discussion for at least an interlude.

Keep your son healthy and safe.