[Marxism] Syria¹s Crumbling Pluralism

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Aug 6 14:20:15 MDT 2012

On 8/6/12 4:04 PM, Eli Stephens wrote:

> I've been waiting patiently for Louis to post this article on what's
> happening in Syria like he posts everything else from the New York Times:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/04/opinion/syrias-crumbling-pluralism.html
>
> I can only conclude that his contract with Susan Rice's office precludes him
> from posting anything that casts a negative light on the Syrian
> "revolution." (Yes, that was a joke. At least, I hope it was.)

You are a sympathizer of a group that backed Russian tanks in Hungary
and Chinese tanks in Tienanmen Square. So no wonder you are trying to
figure out ways to make the opposition to al-Assad look bad. If there
were no Jihadists in Syria, you'd still find ways to justify the status
quo in Syria.

It never fails to amaze me how people with rebellion flowing through
every capillary in their body when it comes to the US ruling class can
turn into what amounts to worshippers of authority in countries like
Syria, China or Iran. They become the counterparts of FOX-TV, which I
suppose outlets like rt.com and www.presstv.ir amount to.

I guess I need to reread Junius Scales's memoir.