[Marxism] On the death of a comrade I barely knew

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Aug 8 19:35:08 MDT 2012

On June 18 the Militant newspaper announced that Stu Singer had died of
cancer at the age of 65 after battling the disease for 2 years. My first
reaction was to wonder what kind of cancer he had. I had the same
question about Alexander Cockburn who was succumbed to the disease also
after a 2-year battle. When you get to be my age, you tend to have a
morbid curiosity about the disease since you know that you become
increasingly vulnerable the older you get. For the most part it is a
geriatric illness that you hope to avoid for the simple reason that the
cure—such as it is—is worse than the disease.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/on-the-death-of-a-comrade-i-barely-knew/