[Marxism] FYI Amnesty International: An Instrument of War Propaganda?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 10 10:44:36 MDT 2012

On 8/10/12 12:27 PM, Eli Stephens wrote:
> Louis: "As far as I am aware"? Typical Global Research bullshit. In fact
> Amnesty did retract its backing of this story about the babies in Kuwait."
>
> Amnesty International retracted its support for the incubator story AFTER
> the war, i.e., after it had done its damage:
> http://www.prwatch.org/books/tsigfy10.html/

What is the point of the AFTER?

The Global Research article stated: "The story that the Kuwaiti
government rewarded Amnesty with $500,000 for endorsing this pack of
lies has not gone away - and as far as I am aware, TO DATE, has not been
denied."

See those words? "to date, has not been denied."? Well, that's crap.
They certainly did a retraction AFTER the fact, as you stated, but
Global Research said that TO DATE it has not been denied.

You are so committed to the Global Research type of conspiracy-mongering
that you failed to see that it was spreading disinformation about
Amnesty International. That disinformation was qualified by a "as far as
I am aware", but obviously this was just a pro forma attempt at
plausible deniability.

> As far as the $500,000 allegedly paid by Kuwait to Amnesty, you can find
> hundreds of references to this on the internet,

Of course. Someone wrote this bullshit on Global Research originally and
it has spread to blogs that identify with Chossudovsky's
conspiracy-mongering.