[Marxism] Trotskyites (sic) to NeoCons: Kristol and Ko.

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:09:48 MDT 2012

Doug wrote:
"I saw a few writings on this topic ten years ago or so when the
NeoCons were ascendant -- is there a good summary of this evolution
that someone from this group would recommend? From the looks of
evolving U.S. policy toward Syria, their influence remains
significant."

Doug...I don't believe this is relevant. Part of what is categorized
as "neo-conservatism" is now incorporated into both Democratic and
Republican foreign policy. I would also argue that what is going on in
Syria vis-a-vis the U.S. specifically, shows a rift in the ruling
class about what to do in terms direct vs indirect intervention. The
fact is that what passes for "neo-conservativism" is simply an
influential "lobby" within ruling class circles. There is no real
'influence' as you suggest.

David