[Marxism] A scene from the new Libya

johnedmundson at paradise.net.nz johnedmundson at paradise.net.nz
Sat Aug 11 23:26:39 MDT 2012

Ken Wrote:
> I think the point i am getting at is that a revolution (in Libya, in Iran, in
> Syria) can be incomplete and suffer serious setbacks and yet be a genuine
> revolution.

Yes ,and if all people do is try to "prove" their case by trading good stories
for bad, simply presenting anecdotes in lieu of real evidence and analysis, they
won't be shedding any real light. They're really interesting to have and
important in their own right, but not enough.
Cheers,
John

ps. I'm not suggesting that that's what Louis did in posting this story (he's
broadly sympathetic to the Libyan revolution after all), but it does happen with
some posts.