[Marxism] Opposition has hit list in Syria?--a la Indonesia?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:48:46 MDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

The NY Times is far more reliable and also far more authoritative.

What's "authoritative" mean? More suckers fall for it? Can't argue with you
if that's the claim.

As for "reliable," I don't have any broad, systemic knowledge of its
reporting, but can tell you, for example, that its coverage of Palestine
since Jodi Rudoren took over the Jerusalem bureau, while far better than
Ethan Bronner's compromised dreck, is still so riddled with errors and
biases that it's hard to know where to begin with some articles.

And of course there are volumes to be compiled on the Times' "reliability"
before the Iraq war, etc., but I won't be the one to do it.

--
lytlað."