[Marxism] Ecuador: 'We are not a colony!' Foreign minister denounces British threat to raid its embassy

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 01:41:52 MDT 2012

Well Stuart you could be right.  We will see, but storming an embassy is
like very serious stuff, and I don't think there is any precedent for
Britain acting in this way.  I think it is more likely a case of playing
for very high stakes.

You are of course right in that the fuss shows what all this is about. the
hand of America is all over this.  But we should not forget how this will
play out in Latin America. British economic interests are very much a
factor in South America.

The Guardian thinks Correa is using Assange to build his Left wing
credentials.  And of course that is a tacit admission that to support
Assange is to be Left wing..

comradely

Gary