[Marxism] Between the Leninists and the Clowns

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Aug 16 09:51:17 MDT 2012

Between the Leninists and the Clowns: Avoiding Recklessness and
Professionalism in Revolutionary Struggle

by mamos206, Black Orchid Collective on August 10, 2012

This piece reflects on the current strengths and weaknesses of the
revolutionary networks that have emerged out of the Decolonize/Occupy
movement in Seattle.  In particular, I critique some of the problems
that arise because of lack of organization, and suggest ways we can
address these without falling into top-down, authoritarian models of
organization-building.  I want to acknowledge that several friends in
the movement here have raised some of these points over the past nine
months, and in some cases their interventions were dismissed.  I am
writing this to back up their arguments, and to share  my own.

I hope this piece can spark the kind of comradely, transparent, public
debate that I call for in it – I welcome criticisms and responses.
http://www.thenorthstar.info/?p=1872

full: http://www.thenorthstar.info/?p=1872