[Marxism] Fwd: OCCUPY THE FILM FESTIVAL! Sept 15 ­ 16

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 17 15:56:02 MDT 2012

*ANTHOLOGY FILM ARCHIVES
*32 SECOND AVENUE NEW YORK, NY 10003; (212) 505-5181

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

*/CONTACTS: For specific info about this festival, contact the fest
organizers:/*

/Jen Nedbalsky: 917-476-4301/

/Michelle Fawcett: 718-490-4841/

/Or email: //occupythefilmfestival at gmail.com/
<mailto:occupythefilmfestival at gmail.com>//

*//*

*/You can also contact and/or cc Stephanie, Anthology’s publicist, at:/*

/publicity at anthologyfilmarchives.org
<mailto:publicity at anthologyfilmarchives.org>/

*/
/*

*/OCCUPY THE FILM FESTIVAL!/*

*/September 15 – 16/*

/OCCUPY THE FILM FESTIVAL CELEBRATES THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY OF THE OCCUPY
  WALL STREET MOVEMENT /

/WITH A MULTIMEDIA EXTRAVAGANZA! //DOZENS OF FILMS ** GUERRILLA PROJECTIONS/

/ POSTER + PHOTO + NEWSPAPER EXHIBIT/

*//*

On the first anniversary of Occupy Wall Street, OCCUPY THE FILM FESTIVAL
brings together the most compelling and innovative films of the movement
that captured the public imagination. Beginning as a ragged camp on Wall
Street’s doorstep last September, before exploding into the most
powerful social movement in decades, Occupy has inspired countless
artists to produce visionary collaborative projects, short art films,
and sweeping documentaries capturing the spirit of the movement.

Mainstream media bias and blackouts mean this movement is poorly
understood. Come witness the real stories the 1% doesn’t want you to
see. Experience the new world of the 99%.

//

/Brought to you by a coalition of media organizers and artists, OCCUPY
THE FILM FESTIVAL will feature a full weekend of festivities, including
Occupy photography show by award-winning artists, an exhibit of
OccuPrint posters and occupied newspapers from around the country,
informational tabling, and outdoor**projections by the Illuminator! /

//

Highlights of the festival include U.S. premieres along with exclusive
question-and-answer sessions with the filmmakers:

An intimate portrait, and U.S. Premiere, */FAIR SQUARE: OCCUPY
AMSTERDAM/* follows one encampment from its inspired birth to its many
challenges, a story mirrored in occupations around the world. Filmmaker
and anthropologist SaraBlom will travel from Amsterdam to New York City
for the festival. “I am absolutely ecstatic about participating in
OCCUPY THE FILM FESTIVAL in New York,” says Blom.

“We cannot wait for the corporate media to tell our story,” says
Director Dennis Trainor, Jr., “We must take on that task for ourselves.”

Shot on the front lines in New York City, Boston and DC, */AMERICAN
AUTUMN: AN OCCUDOC/*//is a fast-paced and fearless provocation to
Occupy! Featuring Naomi Klein, Prof. Cornell West, Dr. Margaret Flowers,
Sgt. Shamar Thomas and many Occupy Wall Street organizers.

*/WE ARE NOT BROKE/*unmasks how corporations like Exxon, Google and Bank
of America conceal colossal profits overseas while political leaders
claim “We’re broke!” and what one group of ordinary peopledecided to do
about it. “We’re happy to be part of honoring the first year anniversary
of the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York City,” says Co-Director
Karin Hayes.

*/A SHORTS PROGRAM/*will precede each feature and highlight the
creativity the movement inspired around the country and world. The
shorts hail from Spain to Minneapolis, from Greece to Hawaii, and
portray vets, farmers, economists, students and artists who Occupy
everywhere for a better world for the 99%.

//

*/FULL DETAILED SCHEDULE at www.occupyfilmfestival.com/*

//

*/FESTIVAL DATES and TIMES:/*///Saturday, September 15 at 6:00 & 8:30,
and Sunday, September 16 at 7:30.**/