[Marxism] Unifying Revolutionary Forces in the Coming Year

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 19 07:24:21 MDT 2012

Unifying Revolutionary Forces in the Coming Year

by Advance the Struggle on August 15, 2012

in action/appeal

We are some members of Advance the Struggle, a New York revolutionary
collective, and Black Orchid Collective who have been traveling together
and discussing during the lead up to the Everything for Everyone
Conference in Seattle.  Through these conversations, we have been
brainstorming ideas for how we can build together over the long term.

The following is the results of these brainstorms.

To be clear, this is a discussion document, NOT a formal position
representing our groups.  It is also not something we aim to push as an
immediate outcome of the Everything for Everyone (E4E) conference.
Instead, we hope it will prompt discussion about how to move forward
during 2012 into 2013.  We also acknowledge that not everyone involved
in E4E will agree with or be interested in this project, but we hope
that those who are contact us so we can discuss further.

     Tensions of building a national formation
     Character of Occupy
     Rupture versus base building? Towards a new Revolutionary Organization
     Towards a working class insurrection

2012-2013 can be a year of unifying revolutionary militants from around
the US. In order for this to happen, we need to take the necessary
preparatory steps in 2013 to develop a common political analysis and
perspective on revolutionary work.  Our strength will come from unifying
all of the militants that come out of left communism, anarcho-communism,
Johnson-Forrest Tendency/Sojourner Truth, and like-minded revolutionary
forces close to this constellation.

full: http://www.thenorthstar.info/?p=1943