[Marxism] Skilled Work, Without the Worker

Jonathan Flanders jonathan.flanders at verizon.net
Tue Aug 21 20:02:39 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 08:06 +1000, Gary MacLennan wrote:
> ==
>

> & who will buy the razorsetc  these machines make? It is questions like
> this that make me an underconsumptionist (at times!).

No one should have to do what the Chinese workers do making IPhones. Try
taking one of these gadgets apart sometime and then imagine putting them
together day after day. Its too horrible to contemplate.

The IPhone robots simply pose again the question of the working day.
Why shouldn't it be much shorter to spread the work around and give the
working class the time to engage in many things, including politics?

Who more than the workers should benefit from increases in productivity?

Jon Flanders