[Marxism] General Meade at Gettysburg

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Wed Aug 22 16:20:35 MDT 2012

The effort to try and compare the Union Army forces at Gettysbergin the United States Civil War - with the current Syrian Cvil War isnot historically accurate. The British and other colonial/imperialist foreign powers - wereactually favoring the Confederacy - not the Union Army - forfinancial trade gain. And to try and somehow justify the internal Syrian religioussectarian killings of unarmed people - with the conductingof war between armed miltiary forces at Gettysberg - is also not a justifiable comparison. I agree that al-Assad should be replaced by a workersgovernment, but that does not mean we support rightwing religious forces, or pro-imperialist forces and efforts. I believe we need to separate these issues and each tostand or fall on their own merit and keep to historical truth.