[Marxism] Why Is Iran Curtailing Female Education?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:26:11 MDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

Free Syrian Army leader Abdul Salaam types on his Dell laptop while a
> comrade sitting nearby taps a text message on his iPhone. Eight of his
> fighters lounge around an apartment living room late one night. Their
> 150-man brigade, Ahrar Syria (Free People of Syria), even has its own
> Facebook page.
>
> While the brigade sports modern techno gadgets

Good God. Am I the only one who finds this Orientalism jarring and annoying?

Presumably Reese Erlich knows that Arabs haven't communicated with
parchment scrolls and messengers for a while, but he really isn't giving
his readers much credit.

--
lytlað."