[Marxism] Marx's Racist Put-Down of Lassalle

Glenn Kissack gkissack at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 23 10:22:14 MDT 2012

> Of course we should be honest and up-front about any of Marx's failings (his personal treatment of his wife has always stuck in my craw, and in general he seems to have been a pretty miserable bastard).

Perhaps I haven't read the right biographies, but the ones I've seen argue that Marx had a particularly close and warm relationship with Jenny and his children, who adored him. This includes Mary Gabriel's recent book, Love and Capital. This despite serious family problems of debt, ill health and the pressure of Marx's writing and political work.

Glenn