[Marxism] Aoki

Red Arnie redarnie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 04:35:17 MDT 2012

X,Y should read the books in question before making arrogant and misinformed statements.

I am Japanese American and participated as a non-student community member in the demos and Asian student group meetings at SF State and UC Berkeley to fight for ethnic studies beginning in 1969. I worked along side Richard Aoki. I arranged a panel discussion at the 40th anniversary of the founding of the College of Ethnic Studies at SF State entitled Liberation Studies: Beyond Identity Politics that included Harvey Dong, the executor of Aoki's estate and currently a staunch defender of Aoki. The point of my panel was to show how  much of ethnic studies has been changed from the conception of many of its as a vehicle for liberation studies to a narrow, safe and sterile field for the study of