[Marxism] The wages of whiteness

A Vasquez collationes37 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:17:22 MDT 2012

My review of Noel Ignatiev's, How the Irish Became White. An excerpt:

*The question here arises as to whether the working class can ever oppose
its own interest, and whether one has to “force” the working class of a
given area to support the “right cause”. And who determines that? I think
there exists a Pollyannaish approach amongst various leftists that believes
that if the entire global working class fell into line with the thinking of
the “vanguard” (often, mirabile visu, the same line supported by the
aforementioned leftists), then things would come out as optimum for
everyone involved, even in the short term. That sort of childish claptrap
is believed by no one, of course*...

The rest here:

http://elblogdelpelon.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/the-wages-of-whiteness/