[Marxism] Amnesty Calls on UN to stop the US, Qatar and Turkey funding and arming Syria Rebels

Glenn Kissack gkissack at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 12:07:09 MDT 2012

>> What amazes me about all these apologists for Putin, al-Assad, Qaddafi, Mugabe, Ahmadinejad et al is the way in which they have absorbed the authority-worshiping mindset of the typical small-town, Babbitt, registered Republican who has an American flag on their front-lawn. But it is channeled through a kind of bastardized vulgar Marxism. Instead of an American flag pin on their lapel, you see a Russian one.

I think it was Bob Fitch who said that vulgar Marxism explains 90% of what's happening in the world. Maybe because vulgar Marxism at least wants to use class analysis. Are there classes with antagonistic interests in Russia, Syria, Libya, Zimbabwe, and Iran? The apologists don't seem that interested.

Glenn