[Marxism] on the Lincoln debate - my two cents worth

Graham Milner gkmilner at bigpond.com
Sun Dec 2 14:19:56 MST 2012

> From: Louis Proyect
>> For example, I found George Comninel's arguments that the French
>> revolution was not a revolution
>> pretty convincing
>
> The key question in the French revolution was land reform. Did it take
> place? How did take place?

'Storming of the Fifty Thousand Bastilles', 1789.   Peasants seize landed
estates in rural France, after 'symbolic' taking of the Bastille prison by
townspeople in Paris on July 14th, 1789.    Landlords and their families
driven out of estates, or lynched,  by revolutionary peasants.   Many
dispossessed landlords assemble outside France to plot counter-revolution.