[Marxism] Boycott the Sri Lankan cricket team in Australia

En Passant with John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 3 19:03:49 MST 2012

For too long, Australia has turned a blind eye to the mounting evidence that the ruling regime in Sri Lanka has committed war crimes, including the slaughter of more than 40,000 innocent Tamil civilians at the end of the civil war in 2009.

This cricket season, Australia's attention will be trained on the batting and bowling of the Sri Lankan cricket team at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. By calling for a boycott we can expose the human rights abuses that the Sri Lankan cricketers just can't hide. And we can encourage our own government to recognise that refugees from Sri Lanka are fleeing genuine persecution.

http://enpassant.com.au/2012/12/04/boycott-the-sri-lankan-cricket-team/