[Marxism] The 900 Days

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:42:52 MST 2012

Very interesting Lou especially about the horror/magic realism
elements in White tiger.  I caught bits of Captain America on Fox the
other night and was struck by the re-imagining of the Nazis in a
comic-horror book style.

I wonder if something of the same process is at work in White Tiger.
What is the meaning of this?  What happens when a genuine horror such
as the Nazis is re-imagined in a Marvel comics format?  Why would one
do it in any case?

I tend to be suspicious of the imposition of a universalistic format
on an historically specific reality.  For me it tends to drain away
the political and to move the drama on to the terrain of something
like a morality play of Good versus Evil or onto that of epic
literature where the old gods arise.

Curious.

comradely

Gary