[Marxism] Interesting Critical Remarks on Postone

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 03:57:08 MST 2012

"I’ve started re-reading TLSD for reasons outlined in the last post. Since Postone’s book wasn’t the first value-form theory work I read it didn’t have the impact on me that it had on some. So whilst i’ve always been of the opinion that the book earned its reputation more because of the context it appeared in– where it was received as a sui generis fundamental re-interpretation of Marx and not as something that came out of the New German Reading of Marx or after the translation of Rubin, Backhaus, Reichelt or even several decades after pioneering English articles by Arthur and Banaji–rather than its own merits, i’m quite surprised by how many problems I’ve had with it whilst re-reading it. Here are a few."

Full: http://reificationofpersonsandpersonificationofthings.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/notes-on-re-reading-time-labour-and-social-domination/