[Marxism] A footnote on Bricmont

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Dec 6 07:20:49 MST 2012

On 12/6/12 9:02 AM, Ken Hiebert wrote:

> TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
>
> Noam Chomsky's Savage UN Warmongering Danny Sanchez emails: Chomsky
> says that Ron Paul's ideas are "savage." For a true example of
> "savage ideas", consider Chomsky's support for murderous UN sanctions
> on Iraq during the Gulf War period.
>
> Rothbard had Chomsky's number when he wrote:

Rothbard is Murray Rothbard, the well-known libertarian.

I should mention that in ensuing exchanges with Bricmont it became very
clear to me that he is not a Marxist (by his own admission) and hence
not comfortable with the idea of contradiction. Also, the figure on the
left that he shows the greatest affinity for is Joseph Stalin. His
affection for the "strong man" obviously disposes him to favor figures
in his mold such as Bashar al-Assad. I have long maintained that the
"axis of good" thinking on display at Dissident Voice, Voltairenet,
MRZine, Global Research et al is a return to the "defend the USSR"
methodology of the CP's of the late 1930s but with bourgeois governments
substituting for the Kremlin. Farce follows tragedy...