[Marxism] Zero Dark Thirty: new torture-glorifying film wins raves

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 10 07:43:24 MST 2012

I was at the NYFCO awards meeting yesterday which voted this flick as
best in 2012, following up with their 2009 prize for Katherine Bigelow's
other pro-war film "Hurt Locker" that she claimed was non-political. I
thought that "Hurt Locker" was crappy politics and crappy art. "Zero
Dark Thirty", on the other hand, is only crappy politics. Think of it in
terms as a work by our Leni Refienstahl. I will be writing a critique of
the film at some point.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/10/zero-dark-thirty-torture-awards