[Marxism] What kind of history is teached in USA?

Daniel Rocha danieldiniz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:20:04 MST 2012

I would like to know more about details. For example, in the 1st episode it
is stated that Soviet Union was the one who won the war against the Nazis
and the advantage that popular support and central planning had on the
struggle. But it seems this is not something very well accepted since,
well, I know that Americans in general do not expect anything good coming
from USSR.

So, I'd like to know about details of what they learn at school.

2012/12/14 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>

>> Conservatives complain about a liberal bias and they are probably right.
> The POV in most textbooks is reflected in Sean Wilentz's body of work. The
> Wikipedia entry for this "leftist" professor states: "His goal was to
> revive the reputation of Andrew Jackson and Jacksonian Democracy, which was
> under attack from the left because of Jackson's support for slavery and
> especially his harshness toward Indians, including his forced removals."
>
> --
Daniel Rocha - RJ
danieldiniz at gmail.com