[Marxism] Book inquiry : Mathematics for the masses

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Dec 14 12:34:31 MST 2012

 A really old book along the lines that Politicus seems to be asking for would be Lancelot Hogben's 1936 book, Mathematics for the Million.  Hogben, who was a biologist and mathematician, was also a kind of unorthodox Marxist.  That book, besides presenting the rudiments of mathematics, from arithmetic to basic calculus, also attempts to present the social and political contexts in which mathematics developed
Jim Farmelanthttp://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelanthttp://www.foxymath.com Learn or Review Basic Math