[Marxism] ‘When the burning moment breaks’: gun control and rage massacres,

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 17:23:06 MST 2012

A very long, yet fascinating piece. I'd say the first 3rd of the essay
is useless academic phsycho-babble, IMHO, the rest, on the nature of
how violence is deployed, and gun control issues, is probably the best
essay I've ever read on the subject from someone on the Left. To be
fair, he wrote this essay in August, after the last two or so mass
killings.

He drew some of this from an essay in the decidedly non-leftist
*Atlantic* in an essay by Adam Winkler: "The Secret History of Guns"
at:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/
which shows the reactionary and conservative origin of the gun control
movement. A must read.

David