[Marxism] young men trouble again (shooting incident)

shacht at aol.com shacht at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 19:01:17 MST 2012

You ask: "Do all Aspergians rage massacre?" Hardly any. This one did.
The next question is whether all rage massacres involve Aspergers. Again,
hardly any. There are always "other factors" that can be generative
of assorted behavior, but if reality and history are a process, which believe.
them to be rather than a mere collection of "factors" the case should be
looked at differently.

The question then is how does experience or material reality, change,
impact this young man?

He lived at home, we are told, to the social safety net issue is probably
not one that he would think about or would in any way impinge on him.
Of course, he may hear of threats to the social safety net. But he has
an established home life. It is doubtful that he relies on or is influenced
by SSI, for example, or threats to it. If he needs social services it is
usually the partents who battle for them - whether with school authorities,
the "Regional Center" (in California) or county mental health agencies.
The pressure of these battles is felt by the parent or parents who participte
in them - because their son can't.

As for deunionization, speed-up and other attacks on the working class -
it doesn't seem to me that this young man was employed or would know
about that ongoing phenomenon. Some Aspergers victims can hold jobs;
some can't. But it seems that in this case we are not dealing with a
Temple Grandin with her PhD.

Then there is the "Goth" thing. From what I have seen - and that is admittedly
a limited population, this seems to be a characteristic of a certain group
that can't fit in. What could be more natural for a Asperger case to do
that hang out with such a group? For one thing, that group tends to accept
him. For another, it indulges in some rather bizarre fantasies and dreams, all
well consistent with someone who has no perspective of working, is not
self supporting.

Rage massacres seem much more consistent with the response to stress of a
person who interacts with social experience in a rational and direct way.We may
not care for the way they respond. But their response however anti-social is a rational
and predictable response to a social reality they experience. An Asperger person
does not experience social reality the same way. In fact, one could say that
their experience and response is a-social. That is the root of the "disease."

There are many in the Asperger community who would disagree with me.
However, that community consistes of parents and relatives of victims
of the disease, and they are, theselves, entrammeled in personal rather
than rational responses tpo it. Objectively, the Asperger victim remains
a-social. Therefore, social responsibility is foreign to him. As a result we
cannot look upon his behavior as a result of social circumstances in the
commnon Marxist way.