[Marxism] The Stoning of Oliver Stone

DCQ davecq at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 06:43:40 MST 2012

FYI, The Pirate Bay is still functioning (at thepiratebay.se).

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9231947/Former_Pirate_Bay_hoster_raided_and_shut_down_by_DDoS_attack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19982440
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/17/pirate_bay_cloud_move/
http://www.webpronews.com/the-pirate-bay-did-not-get-shut-down-2012-10

As well as being hosted "in the cloud," they use magnet links now, which means they don't even host the little torrent indicator/descriptor files any more. They are essentially a highly specific search engine now. While I don't pirate like I used to, I am constantly impressed with how and how quickly they adapt to the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on legal challenges (which for some reason always reminds me of Butch Cassidy's line, "If he'd just pay me what he's spending to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.")