[Marxism] What kind of party do we need?

En Passant with John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 21 02:33:24 MST 2012

Lenin concluded that you have to begin by grouping together militants and activists - because we're not talking here about commentators and writers, but people who are involved in the actual struggle against capitalism - into a party that c...an lead politically other sections of the working-class movement through the ebbs and flow of the working-class struggle.

He used the term vanguard for this, to mean people who are in advance in consciousness - that is, who are enemies of capitalism, rather than half opposed and half accepting. This isn't an insult - it's the reality for most people, that they hate the system, but don't know what else you can put in its place.

The point was how to put together a political organization that in reality represented the best fighters of the working-class movement.

http://enpassant.com.au/2012/12/21/what-kind-of-party-do-we-need/