[Marxism] SecState[?] John Kerry and his "dear friend" Bashar Assad in Syria

Clay Claiborne cjc at CosmosEng.com
Sat Dec 22 10:04:14 MST 2012

This is my latest at the Daily Kos. On the day of John Kerry's nomination:

      SecState[?] John Kerry and his 'dear friend' Bashar Assad
      <http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1171392/-SecState-John-Kerry-and-his-dear-friend-Bashar-al-Assad>

> President Barack Obama has just nominated Senator John Kerry for the
> position of Secretary of State.
>
> I believe John Kerry first came to public notice as a member of
> Vietnam Veterans Against the War <http://www.vvaw.org/> in the early
> 1970's. Probably his introduction to the Senate came in April 1971
> when he became the first Vietnam veteran to testify before congress.
>
> More recently he has been a senator himself and chairman of the very
> same Senate Foreign Relations Committee that he first testified before
> more that forty years ago.
>
> More recently, he has been President Barack Obama's point man on US
> relations with Syria and it's dictator President Bashar al-Assad.

More...
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1171392/-SecState-John-Kerry-and-his-dear-friend-Bashar-al-Assad>

I have also written these @ the DailyKos
<http://www.dailykos.com/blog/Clay%20Claiborne/>since my last email:
Syria: Assad Regime enters the Deathwatch Phase
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1173012/-Syria-Assad-Regime-enters-the-Deathwatch-Phase>
A Libya-n rebel speaks out on Jihadists in Syria
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/20/1172518/-A-Libyan-rebel-speaks-out-on-Jihadists-in-Syria>
Does what Obama said at Newtown apply to Syria?
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/17/1171356/-Does-what-Obama-said-at-Newtown-apply-to-Syria>
BREAKING: Heavy fighting in Damascus as coup attempt reported in
progress
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/17/1171061/-BREAKING-Heavy-fighting-in-Damascus-as-coup-attempt-reported-in-progress>
Assad's jets bomb Palestinian refugee camp
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/16/1170901/-Assad-s-jets-bomb-Palestinian-refugee-camp>
Jabhat al-Nusra is a Threat to the Syrian Revolution
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/14/1169851/-Jabhat-al-Nusra-is-a-Threat-to-the-Syrian-Revolution>
AP weighs in on Obama's Green Light for Assad's slaughter in Syria
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/13/1169633/-BREAKING-AP-weighs-in-on-Obama-s-Green-Light-for-Assad-s-slaughter-in-Syria>
Syrian opposition says "Thanks but No Thanks!" to foreign intervention
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/13/1169564/-Syrian-opposition-says-Thanks-but-No-Thanks-to-foreign-intervention>
Assad firing Scud missiles at Syria
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/12/1169360/-BREAKING-Assad-firing-Scud-missiles-at-Syria>

And The North Star has published

      Should Syrians Feel Safer Because the Left Hears Echoes of Iraq?
      <http://www.thenorthstar.info/?p=3838>

Happy Holidays,

In Solidarity,

Clay