[Marxism] BREAKING: Chemical weapons use reported in Syria, Has Obama's red-line has been crossed?

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 23 20:15:33 MST 2012

Aljazeera is taking these reports seriously but the trust level isn't clear.
A couple of videos of alleged poison gas victims are on the webpage that
contains this update at:

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/topic/syria/poisonous-gas-sprayed-homs-leaves-seven-people-dead-and-scores-affected-activists-say

Poisonous gas sprayed in Homs leaves seven people dead and scores affected,
activists say
December 24, 2012 - 04:07

Seven people have died in Homs after they inhaled a poisonous gas sprayed by
government forces in a rebel-held neighbourhood, activists said.

Activists also told Al Jazeera that scores of others were affected in
al-Bayyada neighbourhood. Side effects reported include nausea, relaxed
muscles, blurred vision, and breathing difficulties.

Residents said they did not know the nature of the gas sprayed.

"The situation is very difficult. We do not have enough facemasks. We don't
know what this gas is but medics are saying it's something similar to Sarin
gas," Raji Rahmet Rabbou, an activist in Homs, told Al Jazeera.

We received the following videos from a field clinic in the city:
[see webpage]