[Marxism] Second reminder

dan d.koechlin at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 28 18:33:23 MST 2012

OK, Louis, I'm sorry.

This is the second reminder I've received and I kind of get the feeling
my prose needs a little bit more spacing. It is, and you're quite right,
laborious to read otherwise. And that's the polite way of putting it.

Actually, I'm not a very gifted writer. I really should condense my
outbursts into paragraphs that are logically connected and strive to go
from point A to point B.

But wait a moment. I'm a teacher ! And that's EXACTLY the advice I give
my students when they hand in an essay which I grade poorly because the
poor sap just mouths off instead of dealing with the more substantial
points I want him/her to address. "PUNCTUATION ! PLEASE !!!" "A comma is
NOT a full stop" "What is your point ???" "Repetitive !" "WHAT do you
mean ?" "How does this relate to what you wrote previoulsy ???" "WHO is
saying WHAT to WHOM ????" Those are the habitual remarks I embellish my
students' essays with.

That I myself might be guilty of "waffling", "being contrary" and
"confusing the argument" is quite ironical. Just as well my students
will never think of looking for me on Marxmail.

I will do better. The bottle is empty.