[Marxism] Schoolmarm grammar

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 28 22:14:56 MST 2012

Granted that English is full of inconsistencies and odd usages and granted that "correct" usage changes over time, we might as well use the "correct" usage unless it makes us sound snooty or pretentious.  I don't think "hanged" would strike most people as odd or pretentious, so we might as well use it as the past tense of hang when referring to capital punishment.
Perhaps only a few people would notice an "incorrect" usage, but why should we get into a debate with them over usage when we wish to engage them in other discussions.
														ken h