[Marxism] Episode 7 of Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States (on Vietnam)

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Dec 28 22:27:04 MST 2012

I am watching episode 7 of Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States. It is about the US's murderous war in Vietnam. I can barely stand to see once again the carnage rained down on the Vietnamese people. More bombs than the US dropped in all of WW2. Millions killed.   Now the US is beginning a 13-year long Vietnam Commemoration. Obama said in his proclamation concerning this that "Often y...ou [US soldiers] were blamed for a war you didn’t start,” he said. "You came home and were sometimes denigrated when you should have been celebrated. It was a national shame, a disgrace that should have never happened." We learn that the purposes of the Commemoration are to:  --To thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war (POW), or listed as missing in action (MIA), for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans. --To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the Armed Forces. --To pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War. --To highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Vietnam War. --To recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.  This is a whitewashing (of what really amounted to mass murder)  worthy of the Nazis. It is a sign of just how sick this country is.