[Marxism] Black Audiences, White Stars and ‘Django Unchained’

Jeffrey Masko j.alan.masko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:14:55 MST 2012

Authenticity is not required of a film that does not purport to be
authentic. The only authenticity Tarantino has ever claimed was
blaxploitation and grind-house, which from the posters of Django alone is
clearly implied. Whether of not he is channeling *Mandingo* or uses
Blaxploitation conventions ala *Jackie Brown*, I don't know; I didn't see
the film and prolly won't because QT has always been overrated and I find
his films boring and badly done.

--
J.A. Masko
College of Communications