[Marxism] Rage against rape: stop violence against women

En Passant with John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Sat Dec 29 14:51:45 MST 2012

'A campaign against rape in isolation from all other aspects of women's oppression will not serve the purpose. Rape, like domestic violence and sexual harassment, is a symptom of a deeply unequal class-based society that leads some men to think they can control women, including sexually. This is reinforced by women's material inequality and lower status in society. We must challenge sexism and through the process of struggle will see millions of people questioning the brutal, sexist and exploitative capitalist society in which we live and look for alternatives beyond capitalism.'

http://enpassant.com.au/2012/12/30/rage-against-rape-stop-violence-against-women/