[Marxism] Bob Avakian's advice to Tim Tebow

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:13:10 MST 2012

Yeah, I do find it amusing to be cautioned against the dangers of religious
illiusions by all ten of the most dangerous men in the world to American
capitalism: "Bob Avakian, Bob Avakian, Bob Avakian, Bob Avakian, Bob
Avakian, Bob Avakian, Bob Avakian, Bob Avakian, Bob Avakian, Bob Avakian."

Still, his point is taken . . . .

Certainly, there never was a connection between someone being good at
sports and their qualifications for recommending products to us, but they
usually were good enough to have attained sufficient prominence.

By we have gone entirely through the idea of reality that existed half a
century ago.   There is no more a need for a Tim Tebow to be good at sports
as Ann Coulter to make a persuasive argument about anything based on
anything like coherent information.  Indeed, these pundits and commentators
don't even have to look like they give a rat's ass about getting it right.
And those who've been following the Republican primaries know that even
potential presidents don't have to even look as though honesty and the
truth matter any more.

One can get the label of miracle worker not by working miracles or even
alleging to work miracles, but by merely acquiring the label directly.

ML