[Marxism] Bob Avakian's advice to Tim Tebow

Tom Cod tomcod3 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:18:31 MST 2012

C'mon, Avakian isn't purporting to be doing anything "scholarly"
either.  It would be one thing if Tim Tebow was a "scholar", a genteel
professor of divinity somewhere.  He isn't, he's a pop-culture icon
and reactionary demagogue who is being responded accordingly to with
agitprop in the Bill Maher vein.  The question is how appropriate and
effective it is on that basis.  Frankly, I think the average Joe in
the stands could use being confronted with this shit without having
marxists coweringly cover for it with an elaborate apologia worthy of
a seminarian.   I had enough of that crap in parochial school without
having some "marxist" sanctimoniously lecture me about it now.