[Marxism] Obama's Big Shtick

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 3 14:34:07 MST 2012

On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Louis Proyect reprinted:

> In Osawatomie, President Obama said that the American people today
> face the same “choice” they did a century ago. Indeed. But when we
> are finally ready to fight that fight, we’d do better to turn for
> guidance to the man who beat Theodore Roosevelt in 1912: Woodrow
> Wilson. “If there are men in this country big enough to own the
> government of the United States, they are going to own it,” Wilson
> said. “What we have to determine now is whether we are big enough,
> whether we are men enough, whether we are free enough, to take
> possession again of the government which is our own.”

How pwogwessive! No mention of the inspiring Debs campaign of 1912
(one million votes!) Instead fulsome (literally) praise for the most
racist US president since (at least) Buchanan, for the liar who "kept
us out of war" by sending tens of thousands of American boys to their
deaths to protect J.P. Morgan and the British Empire, for the fascist
who jailed Debs (under Obama's favorite toy, the "Espionage Act of
1917") and kept him there until a good president pardoned him, who
gave us J. Edgar Hoover and the Palmer raids, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

Shane Mage

"The 1912 election was a choice among a great man. a mediocre man, a
mad man, and an evil man. Its result was the opposite of that
order." (Tom O'Sullivan)