[Marxism] Responses to Carl Schmitt from the Revolutionary Left?

Adam Proctor proctorvt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:55:56 MST 2012

In tackling Carl Schmitt's "Political Theology" for the fourth time in graduate work (yuck, I know), I am struck by how commentators account for his unabashed support for the Brown Shirts/SA in the 1920's and early 30's by appealing to his theory of sovereignty and maintenance of juridical and political order.  This excuse is not only morally despicable, but also historically unfounded.  I could go on and on about his Neo-Kantianism, but I'm not interested in a debate, at this point.

In short, are there any serious responses to Schmitt from the revolutionary left?

-A

Sent from my iPhone