[Marxism] Chris Hedges: the black bloc is a cancer in the Occupy movement

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:07:33 MST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

Hedges might not be the best critic of these imbeciles but at least he has
> the moral capital to deliver a blow to their solar plexus. These people are
> enemies of the left and the sooner we figure this out, the better.

He has the ignorance to make a public ass out of himself. One is usually
not conducive to the other, especially when he (and you) show absolutely no
sign of having a clue who "they" are. Fighting straw men has never been an
impressive trick.

As for the stuff you've posted, it's generally consisted of either
poorly-researched and unintelligible tripe (Hedges), or fantasies concocted
from whole cloth (your Quebec FTAA claims). Everyone gets to have an
irrational vendetta (you: black bloc participants, Doug Henwood: Andy
Stern, etc.), but the rest of us are only obligated to indulge it so much.

--
lytlað."