[Marxism] Paul D'Amato (US ISO) responds to Pham Binh on Tony Cliff's Lenin (phew!)

Einde O'Callaghan eindeoc at freenet.de
Mon Feb 6 16:47:53 MST 2012

On 07.02.2012 00:17, Angelus Novus wrote:

<snip>

> Just out of curiosity, what kind of practical work do they do?  Antifa stuff?  They're not very visible in Berlin, or at least not where I am.

I don't think they're particularly strong in Berlin. I'd say they're
strongest in Saxony. After all this is where Katja Kipping, their most
prominent figure, is based. their main areas of influence are in Leipzig
and Dresden and within the youth organisation. Antifa is indeed one of
their main areas of work.

These areas are also the areas where anti-German influence is strongest
- we shouldn't forget that anti-German ideas first emerged among
sections of the Autonomist Antifa. Some of the leading EmaLi people are
also associated with the pro-Israeli BAK Shalom grouping.

My main experience of working with them was while I was a member of the
State Executive - on most issues I didn't notice much difference between
the EmaLi and the fds, both of which are influential at state executive
level in Saxony. This isn't to say that it was impossible to work with
them, but sometimes relations were a bit strained.

Einde O'Callaghan