[Marxism] privatizing the grid--a local perspective

Rod Holt rholt at planeteria.net
Mon Feb 6 23:57:37 MST 2012

Well, unlike yourself, I do have the patience to look it up again:
(Hans said) "if you use natural gas to heat water for a shower, you are wasting 95% of the exergy,
i.e., available energy.  You should use the gas to generate electricity and the waste heat from this electricity
generation for your shower." (Received here on Sunday, Feb. 3, 2012.)

You have handed us a host of errors, but I had hoped to present a counterexample to your thinking with your example of heating water for a shower. I did so with considerable detail (perhaps too much detail). You have not addressed that example and are now out of patience with me.

To end the discussion,

There once was a student named Ptolemy
Who proclaimed while flunking Ecology
		“the answer to the riddle
		is the earth’s in the middle!”
And went on to develop Astrology

There once was a proud prof intellectual
who oft repeated as he lectured all
		exenergy’s the key
		as you will soon see
But his lessons were all ineffectual